3½-4 cups "Tipo 00" flour (or half Tipo 00 flour and half Farina di Semola)
4 large organic eggs
2 tablespoons high-quality extra virgin olive oil (my favorite is Partanna)
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Mound 3 1/2 cups of the flour in the center of a large wooden cutting board. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the eggs and olive oil. Using a fork, beat together the eggs and oil and begin to incorporate the flour, starting with the inner rim of the well. As you expand the well, keep pushing the flour up from the base of the mound to retain the well shape.
- The dough will start to come together when half of the flour is incorporated. At this point, start kneading the dough with both hands, using your palms.
- Once there is a cohesive mass, remove the dough from the board and scrape up and discard any leftover bits. Lightly flour the board and continue kneading for several more minutes. The dough should feel elastic and a little sticky.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and allow to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Roll or shape as desired.